DEFENSIBLE SPACE REQUIREMENTS
TWO ZONES MAKE UP THE REQUIRED 100 FEET OF DEFENSIBLE SPACE:
- ZONE 1: 30 feet of Lean, Clean & Green
- Remove all dead plants, grass and weeds.
- Remove dead or dry leaves and pine needles from your yard, roof and rain gutters.
- Keep tree branches 10 feet away from your chimney and other trees.
- ZONE 2: 30–100 feet of Reduced Fuel
- Cut or mow annual grass down to a maximum height of 4 inches.
- Create horizontal spacing between shrubs and trees.
- Create vertical spacing between grass, shrubs and trees. Use Equipment Properly to Keep from Sparking a Wildfire
- Mow before 10 a.m., and never on a hot or windy day. String trimmers are a safer option (vs. lawnmowers) for clearing vegetation.
Approved Defensible Space Contractors
We are approved defensible space contractors for fire districts, forestry departments, and homeowners associations in the Tahoe area. Our trained staff can create defensible space on your property to help protect your home against fire danger. We will bring your property into full compliance with local laws, codes and ordinances.